Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Meatballs. Perfect for your next party and make a great Super Bowl appetizer. Also includes Instant Pot instructions.
Who doesn’t love bite-size party food?? I’m a HUGE fan of the Bloody Mary. I make mine with bourbon, pickles and blue cheese stuffed olives. I decided to try playing around with the flavors of a Bloody Mary to create a sauce….which then became these Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Meatballs. Just 5 minutes of prep (to combine the ingredients in the slow cooker) and 3 hours on high heat, and you’ve got a crowd pleasing party food. This one is perfect for holiday parties, family gatherings and the Super Bowl. It’s also really easy to take to a work potluck.
The sauce will thicken up as it cooks. If after 3 hours the sauce is not as thick as you would like, remove the lid from the slow cooker and continue to cook on high heat until thickened.
Can be made in the Instant Pot too!
I recently got an Instant Pot and tried this Bloody Mary Meatball recipe out. I actually did a live demo in our Cooking Made Easy Facebook group. Just a heads up: the “cooking time” for the Instant Pot is just 5 minutes BUT it actually takes 30 minutes start to finish. This is mostly because it takes time to bring the pot up to pressure and then release the pressure. I used slightly less liquid for the Instant Pot version, because it locks in moisture, instead of allowing it to cook off/evaporate.
Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Meatballs
- 1½ cups spicy tomato juice
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish optional
- 32 oz frozen meatballs 64 count
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add all ingredients, except frozen meatballs, to the slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker. Stir to coat with the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker with lid, set to high, and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir. If sauce is not thick enough, continue to cook on high 30 - 60 minutes with the lid off.
- You can keep the meatballs in the slow cooker on the Warm setting until ready to serve.
Instant Pot Instructions
- **Use 1 1/4 cups tomato juice. Add all ingredients, except frozen meatballs, to the Instant Pot. Mix until combined.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the Instant Pot. Stir to coat with the sauce.
- Lock on the lid for the Instant Pot, turn the vent to the Sealing position (see your Instant Pot's instruction manual if necessary), then select Pressure Cook on High for 5 minutes.
- Note: it can take up to 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Once it does, you will see the timer on the front start to count down from 5 minutes.
- Instant Pot will beep when the 5 minutes cookint time is up. Hit the Quick Release (again, see instruction manual). When the pin on the Instant Pot lid drops, the pressure has been released and it is safe to remove the lid.
- If sauce is too thin, you can Saute in the Instant Pot. You can also select the Keep Warm option until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can also freeze for up to 3 months.